[pct-l] Can you do it in 4?

barclayb@comcast.net wrote:

> Can I really do the whole thing in 4 months?  I mean, it's averaging
> just over 21 miles a day.

Don't let that 'average' fool you. You will want and need zero days
- days when you put your feet up, mend and wash, replenish supplies,
read and dream. The less you take them, the more you'll want them.

Brian,
I don't want to interject this discussion with religion, but I think you
should consider taking a "Day of Rest" each week.  This gives you body
time to heal itself, and allows your mind to wander beyond the trail.
You will find that the days on the trail are more productive, and you
will probably average the same 140miles/wk you were counting on and be
in better shape at the end of the hike.
Lars Nilsson