[pct-l] socks

I used the lightweight smart wool sock, 2 pairs did the whole PCT; And I
still am using them - took a liitle darning.  I love their softness,
durability, and non-shrinkingability (I always just toss them in the
dryer.).  But still get swollen red itchy ankles from them, if I double
them over (seems to be the off gassing of the elastic)

ON the Continental Divide, especially near the Gila and some other parts of
New Mexico, I found that I could wear thru the Smartwools very fast if I
left the sand that got in my shoes (it also did a real number on my toes -
caked into the fabric and just ground off my skin and the sock).  I thought
I had the foot problem licked until that happened.

Goforth.