[pct-l] socks

I think the key point here is that everyone's feet are different.  Montrail
Vitesse are great shoes but they don't fit my feet.  Find a brand/style that
works for you by thorough testing BEFORE you start your hike.  Buy two pair, one
to hike in and a second pair ready to ship to you when you need them.

In my experience, two pair of shoes and at least 6-8 pairs of socks will be
sufficient for the PCT.  Don't buy more than two pair of shoes at the start.
One, you may need no more than that and, two, you may find your feet growing a
bit by the time they have carried you and the pack a thousand miles.

Where footwear is concerned, it's important to find and use what works for
you.  Foot problems are high (maybe highest) on the list of hike-killers, so get
this part of your equipment worked out before you start.
_____