From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Steve Setzer
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 9:29 AM
To: pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] socks

What kind of socks are most thru hikers using?  It seems like people
rotate through a ton of socks so they must not be smartwool ($16 per
pair!).  Are you all really using nylon dress socks?  I love smartwool
socks but I don't want to buy enough pairs to make it through a thru-hike.
Maybe a few pair would last the whole way but I doubt it.

Steve