[pct-l] socks

At 10:29 AM 1/13/2004 -0700, Steve Setzer wrote:
>What kind of socks are most thru hikers using?

Most wear nylon socks in either the cheap Wal-mart variety or the expensive
Fox River sock liners. They are great when your footwear have ample
padding, they dry out in no-time and shed heat quite well. However, for
some reason every time I got my nylon socks wet, I wore holes in them in
about an hour or two of getting wet. I switched to Thorlo coolmax crew
running socks and they lasted better for me.

I'm not yet sure what I'll use in the desert this time around. I'll likely
take 2 pair of nylons and a pair of Thorlo's and treat the nylons as
disposables.

Tangent