[pct-l] Re: Socks

>> I'll be using Bridgedales.  Yep, they are pricey, but I've heard great things (including that one 2002 hiker used two pairs for the whole trail and wears 'em to this day) and they've treated me well so far.

There have been some great advances in socks in the past few years. Many companies, Bridgedale being one, have incorporated a blend of fabrics to provide warmth, cushioning, and moisture-wicking proprieties. If you are near an REI or Eastern Mountain Sports store, or similar outdoors store, check out the rows and rows of socks. Backpacker magazine often has reviews, as does Hooked on the Outdoors. In this day with synthetic fabrics in socks, comfort and functionality is king. I would never wear polyester dress socks, cotton socks, or any of the cheap knock-offs. I often have new information on socks in my free ezine. The information to subscribe is below.

John Vonhof
http://www.johnvonhof.com
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatment for Athletes
http://www.footworkpub.com
Subscribe to the free Fixing Your Feet Ezine at
mailto:FixingYourFeetEzine-subscribe@yahoogroups.com