[pct-l] Deer question?

Good point.  How do any of us know when we're at risk?

In 2000, walking across mid-America on backroads, I
tented one mile from a tornado.  One May night, at
10:30 PM, in the middle of Nebraska, I was awakened
by roaring winds.  In the midst of lightning, thunder,
and a wind that twisted, turned, and flattened my
Stephenson 2RSLD beyond belief, I soon realized there
was nothing I could do but wait it out.  For over 20
minutes, time passed as it does during a California
earthquake.  I was terrified, no, scared shitless.

The next day I learned that it was a tornado.  Two
miles away, a one hundred year old oak tree was torn
from the ground and dropped on the roof of a house,
injuring the residents.

Who was at risk, me in my tent on the prairie, or them
safely tucked into bed at home?  In the big picture of
things, we of course have no idea.

Larry H

--- Jerry Goller <jerrygoller@backpackgeartest.org>

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=eugene+miya+distilled+wisdom+16/28&h
> > l=en&

lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&scoring=d&selm=3fdf06ce%241%40darkstar&rnum=1