[pct-l] Umbrellas

We bought umbrella hats at the dollar store.  They are very light.  They fit on
your head with an elastic headband.  This leaves your hands free to lead a
llama, use poles, etc.  In high winds and rain we wear a hood.  The umbrella
hats are great for those days when it just drizzles all day with no wind.  We
don't desert hike so I can't discuss using one for shade.
We get lots of funny looks when we wear them.  They are too cute.  They are
cheaply made so it is best to do some hand sewing to beef them up before you
leave home.
Marion