[pct-l] Snow in the North cascades

Greetings everyone

It is snowing hard at the present time - has been since the week before Thanksgiving - and we now almost 3-feet of
compact snow on the ground on our property here in Stehekin (1300 ft-level). If this keeps up thru Dec, Jan and Feb,
there is going to be LOTS of snow in the North cascades.

LOTS of snow means delayed trail repairs in the areas trashed by the 20/21 Oct floods. In my visits/chats with the
local NPS trail-crew, there has been no mention of any damage to the PCT between Bridge Creek and Hwy#20. I
suspect there is not much more than the normal amount of trail damage in that section.

Get your maps out and look for Boulder Creek in the Stehekin area. During the big flood, Boulder Ck was flowing at
an almost normal rate while the Stehekin River was raging out of control. The drainage's feeding Bridge Ck and Boulder
Ck may have been more to the East of the main rainfall feeding the Agnes/Stehekin drainage's.

In any event, if I get any NPS info regarding the Bridge Ck trail between the Stehekin Road and Hwy #20, I will post
it here...

73 Dick -- w7wkr