[pct-l] Rain Gear - Frogg Toggs

I'll give my experience with Frogg Toggs.

The Frogg Toggs zipper jacket and pants. They weigh about 8 oz for the
jacket and 8 oz for the pants. I used one suit for the PCT and then some
afterwards. Just bought 2 more sets. I won't consider anything else: they
are light, feel warm to the skin, keep the wind out, keep the rain out
(nothing is perfect, though), and at walking speeds, I don't get too hot or
sweaty in them. They get softer and more flexible with use. And the price is
great (less than $100 for the suit). Call them rather than use their web
site if you need to mix and match sizes/colors.

The bad parts: the sizing is terrible. They are really sized too large. I'm
about 5'9" and 165lb and use a Large jacket but Small/Medium pants. Also, no
pockets; somewhat bulky, but about the same as any Gore-Tex jacket; Velcro
sticks to it; and not especially abrasion resistant (that means don't slide
your butt on the ground, logs, etc. and don't go through any berry bushes).
And, certainly not stylish.

But, they work just great. Kept me dry in Washington and warm when it was
windy or cold.

Marshall Karon
Portland, OR
m.karon@comcast.net