[pct-l] Don't try this at home...

At 06:35 PM 11/8/2003 -0800, Chuckie V wrote:
>Just ask Tangent for proof!  Believe it or not, one pair of no-name shoes
>can last most the trail!

He's cheap, even for a through hiker. When I saw Chuckie a day out of
Skykomish, he was still wearing the same bloody pair of shoes he picked up
from the hiker box in Agua Dulce. He was dipping his feet in every stream
and rubbing them every 5 miles, but he kept on going like that annoyingly
perky Energizer Bunny.

The guy who dumped the shoes kept remarking, "They were quit when I dumped
'em."

I also recall Chuckie saying, "I'm through with walkin'. When you see me at
the supermarket, it'll be on one of the motorized carts. I'm not walking
anywhere."

83 days, huh? Well, I guess Ray Greenlaw will have to debunk Brad "Zeb"
Wilson's claim before taking the record for himself.

http://www.pcta.org/planning/after_trip/journals/bradsjournal.doc

Or at least, Brad's Mom's claim on Brad's behalf.

It's a dubious claim to fame anyway. A smart guy once told me, if there
really is a winner out here, it's the guy who stays out the longest. I'd go
for the longest time out record, but I'm a big sissy with the cold.

I admire the potential courage but the fear the possible depravity of the
cheapest PCT through hike. However, Chuckie is nothing if not depraved.
Please tell me when it's going to happen, I want to watch.

Tangent