[pct-l] Angeles NF Reopens

	According to its Web site, the Angeles NF reopened to the
public (exclusive of certain closed areaas) on Fri 07 Nov 2003.
According to their Web sites, the San Bernardino and Cleveland NFs
remain closed to the public, although residents and business owners
may reenter most (all?) fire areas by now.

	Mountain High Ski Area, outside Wrightwood, CA, reports 8-18"
of base on its skiing runs; it opened for skiing last Monday, 03 Nov
2003.  Hikers should be prepared for possible snow above 7000' over
the weekend, and maybe rain below that.  Given prudent concern for the
issues of winter hiking and camping***, I'd say that SOBO hikers could
pick up the Agua Dulce to Wrightwood section of the trail
(approximately) at this time.

	Big Bear is open to non-residents, and skiing has started
there, too.  The trails remain closed in the San Bernardino NF.

					Craig "Computer" Rogers

*** When I was a kid, we snow-camped *under* the picnic tables in
Little Jimmy Cpg. one winter's weekend.  Ah, those were the days!