[pct-l] Introduction

I'm David and I like being in the mountains climbing or backpacking. I live
on the West side of Puget Sound, across the water from Seattle. I used to build
houses, but now I just remodel them as a self employed contractor. My main
hiking area is the Olympics, but I have hiked and climbed extensively throughout
the Western United States and Western Canada. My favorite place is the Grand
Canyon and I try to go there once a year for a remote hike. I just love the
severity of the line there that divides the natural world from man's world, so
abrupt, so complete, and so leaden with age and silence
  I got in to all this thanks to growing up in Colorado and my grandmother
who insisted I go to a church summer camp where in between religious
indoctrinations, they climbed a minor 13000' peak, quite an awakening for a neophyte 10
year old. Especially the part about dinosaurs being a scientific hoax!
Traumatic to say the least! You know how kids are about dinosaurs. Bad enough that
Santa was a hoax. Now dinosaurs too! But the mountain was cool, so I just got
addicted to something that could not become hoaxable
   Anyway, back on subject, I got my trail name while doing a PCT section
hike from a thru hiker couple that I was with for a few days. Apparently they
knew several Daves and I was the one who liked to climb mountains. It stuck
   As for my age let's just say Baby Boomer, early