[pct-l] Late JMT start?

Saskia,

September is a great time for the JMT! I did it this year for the first time -- Aug 26-Sep 8.  Seems like it often rains over Labor Day, but then clears up after that.  In September you miss the mosquitos and crowds (big pluses in my book). Longer and colder nights are more of an issue, but if you've got a good sleeping bag and your sweetie....

Also, later in September is the option to stay at the Muir Trail Ranch for a night or two (rather than a whole week) -- something I highly recommend.  I was greatful for the hot springs, bed, and real food, even after only one week.

Janet