[pct-l] Bigfoot History in Northen Calif.

 Bigfoot is Calif.??? Actually , the bigfoot legend goes back before Ray
Wallace and his wooden feet in 1958. Early reports of a large ape go back to 1886
in the Happy Camp Area. Also Lewis and Clark had early accounts of finding
large human tracks that the Indians quickly pointed out to be Bigfoot.
  British Columbia also has alot of very early bigfoot accounts, with a young
one being caught in 1890's which was photographed.
  Rex Williams who had a small cabin near Belden on Chips Creek , had a few
stories about his outdoor kitchen and night raids . ( Over the years , he had
many bears between 1952 and 1977 , one was not a bear according to him.
   Today , Bigfoot may be extinct or in very few numbers. Cougars are in high
numbers in Washington, yet few are ever seen.
   I had a very interesting experience in the Marbles in 1977 near Eagle
Benches and bloody run creek where I heard two " Low Grumbling  Voices" talking to
each other from the ridges  each side of creek. I packed up my camp near dark
and hiked on a moon light night out of there. ( Nothing since was ever made
me feel that way and have never had any other experiences like that) And no I
don't believe in Loch Ness, UFO's or Aliens that look like Bush with
tentacles!!
    As a Kid growing up, we would go on vacation Hoopa each year where my
Uncle lived and worked putting in roads . He had a few stories as well. He
believied in a Ape creature only after seeing a large shadow in the bottom of a C
learcut 300 yards away near dusk and and hearing a low growning sound which
changed to a high pitch.
   Even today , reports still  come in from the Marble area of an occasional
sighting.
   You would need a large area with few people and good food sources for a
bigfoot today. The Marbles still fills the bill.
  Doubters need to read the story of "Ishi" the indian from the Shasta area
to see how easy it was and maybe still is to avoid being see. Check out Ishi on
your google seach. <A HREF="http://www.n2.net/prey/bigfoot/";>Bigfoot Encounters</A>