[pct-l] off-topic: brown recluse spiders

< in case you're wondering, on the trail I sleep in a tent.  Not out in the
open.  I hate bugs.

And just setting up a tent is no guarantee of an arachnid-free evening. I
was on a rafting trip on the lower Deschutes R. once. I set up my tent right
at dusk and went back to join the others. In the space of time it took me to
enjoy one beer and say goodnight, a black widow had set up residence in the
vestibule of my tent.  Big sucka, too; coulda swallowed a hummingbird. I was
so freaked out that I spent about an hour exhaustively searching the rest of
my tent.  Never saw another one, but I sure didn't sleep well.

Just a pleasant thought for next time you tuck in.=)

Judson
Ashland
Magnetic Presence for Unpleasant Creatures of all Phylla