[pct-l] backpacking planing

People hike this entire trail with as little as 4kg.  there are many
towns along the trail (usually withing walking distance, sometimes
within hitch-hiking distance).  there are a few books on this
subject, the trail guides have some information, and there is a
detailed "trail town guide". most of the info you need can be found
at the PCTA website.  here is a link to the specific re-supply page
of that site:
http://www.pcta.org//planning/before_trip/strategy.asp

here is another helpful link:
http://www.pctplanner.com

here is a list of links to gear and other resources:
http://www.gvpgear.com/links.asp

get the trail guides and read them, they will answer alot of your
questions.

the archives of this email list will also provide tons of good info:
http://www.backcountry.net/arch/pct/

peace,
dude