[pct-l] water purification tablets

Hi David,

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, David Plotnikoff wrote:

> I just got the order from Campmor and I have to warn y'all: There's a huge
> caveat on these tablets that I didn't see anywhere on the web
> documentation: a four-HOUR dwell time.

The wait time is documented on Katadyns website:
http://www.katadyn.ch/site/us/home/outdoor_products/our_products/ultrlight_series/micropur_mp1_tablets/

The wait time is 15 mins for bacteria and viruses for any water and 30
mins for cysts in clear 70'F water and 4h in dirty 40'F water.

Similar increases in wait time applys to purification with iodine. The
solution there is to double the amount of iodine for dirty or cold water.
Same could probably be done with Micropur to get desinfection times down.

[Havn't used these tabs. But they look expensive compared to other
methods.]

Ilja.