[pct-l] Tarptent in heavy rain

Hi Steve,

About size: that might be a problem. You could consider the two-person tarp.
We use it with two people and get dressed in turn. That works OK. Also: I
have learned to be less paranoid about getting wet. I concentrate on being
able to dry things out quickly. But yes, prolonged rain is a pain..!

The netting / groundsheet thing: we put our shoes on the netting and that
works fine. But we are two people and four feet, which covers all corners...
:-)

The biggest factor in whether you get wet inside the tarp or not remains the
ground you set it up on. We've wheathered a huge downpour on soft ground and
had no problem. It might have been a problem on rocky or sloping ground or
in a bowl-like situation. You dont' always have the choice I guess.

Thanks for the tips, we'll be more careful about placing the groundsheet (a
poncho) on top of our shoes.

Saskia