[pct-l] Digital vs. "Regular" Cameras: a weight comparison(PlusHow to back up on the trail?)

This seems like a good strategy, but I see  dude suggesting a device in your
bounce box which can backup storage cards without a laptop computer.  I
didn't even know of such a device, but I had a search of the internet last
night and found many portable hard drives which will read a storage card.
These devices seem to hold plenty (20gig or upward) but I may be tempted to
go for a CD writer like this http://www.splitimagephoto.com/Printers.htm Has
anyone tried using one of these  on the trail?

I see the advantages of this over a portable hard drive are that you don't
have all your eggs in one basket.  If you lost the hard drive that would be
it, but you could easily send home CD's at little cost as you go, infact the
media is cheap enough to write two copies and send in different packages if
you were at all worried about the postal service losing one.

Regards

Rik