[pct-l] Re: I can't cross the border

Kelly,

I'm a little confused. You are a U.S. citizen and Canada won't let you into
the country because of a DUI from 10 years ago? Seems overly rigid if this
is the case. Also, why would an agency in Seattle help you cross into
Canada--wouldn't it make more sense to contact an agency in Vancouver?

Even if you are turned back at the border, the stretch between Harts Pass
and Canada is one of the most scenic sections of the PCT in Washington
State, so don't give up at Rainy Pass. Because there is a lookout tower at
Harts Pass, you get a fair number of tourists in the summer and I am sure
asking for a ride to Mazama or Winthrop would be easy.

See you on the trail...

Tom Griffin
Seattle
PCT Pages at http://staff.washington.edu/griffin/pct.html