[pct-l] Mt. Whitney Expedition

I have come to the Whitney region from Kearsarge Pass and Cottonwood Pass and from Giant Forest.  Also from the east from Whitney Portal to the top.  Several weeks ago the rangers at Lone Pine Ranger Station told me, when I was there, that it should not be a big deal to get walk-in overnight permit for the Whitney Trail on Monday for a Tuesday start.  Even if there are not any Whitney permits, I will just get a permit for Cottonwood Pass and go the Chicken Springs Lake and goof off.  No big deal.  If that does not work, I will go up to Big Pine and do some hiking.  If you are a backpacker, you have to be flexiable.  Later, Switchback