[pct-l] caloric overload

I remember buying giant cookies at Tuolumne Meadows that had 750 calories
each. Let's see --- 750 divided by 8 equals 94 grams (3+ ounces) of fat with a
sugar/breadcrumb coating. They also doubled as a great fire starter.
  I got to try about a dozen different power bars at Ollalie Lake when the
owner opened up a thru hiker package. The package had been there for quite some
time (6 weeks?) and the policy was to open the package and put the food in the
hikers box unless someone paid to have it returned. Inside were dozens of
power bars along with the usual pasta -- rice -- soup meals. I took one of each
type of power bar. I liked the tigers milk the best. Clif bars rated pretty
low. Too dry and chemically tasting for my taste