[pct-l] I cant cross the border.

I am planning on hiking from the California border to the Canadian
Border starting mid July.  As suggested by the PCTA, I sent in the
"request for entry into Canada" form.  Shortly afterward, I got a notice
from the Immigration Center saying I was "inadmissible" because I had a
DUI on my record from ten years ago.   I see now that if I hadn't sent
in that form,  I probably wouldn't have been checked, an at the very
worst just told to turn around and go home, which is what I'm planning
on doing anyway.

So, I'm told to contact an agency in Seattle, who I find out does not
personally answer phone calls.  My options now are to go to the border
and turn around and go to the first US road out or stop at Rainy Pass
and quit my journey there.  Also,  I could apply for temporary residence
.  Must be ok to live there permanently but not visit.  Anybody have
experience with this kind of thing?

....Kelly