[pct-l] Old Book Review - Pacific Crest Trails by Joseph Hazard

Izoroastr@pioneernet.net writes:

> I'd take their Depression Era
> advice with a hefty dose of salt

Take it with a dose of salt, of course, however this specific advice has been
discussed extensively on this list and therefore is still current and
appropriate.  There is nothing in his discussion that is ill-conceived or offbase in
my opinion.  It is a bit like comparing that which you experience by walking
versus going by car; it is simply put that the faster you go the less you see,
experience, hear, see, smell, etc.  I'm certainly not one to preach this as I
was one of the fastest hikers in my year, but perhaps I am reformed now in my
older years when I can't hike nearly so fast! ;-)

Strider