[pct-l] Giardia?

Is it giardia or another GI illness? I think many
outdoors people assume if they have the runs "it must
be giardia". I would think other run-of-the-mill GI
type problems can cause similar symptoms. Any medical
type people on this list care to add a bit more input?

As the person in question is traveling in a group, the
shared germ theory may be correct. Iron Chef of last
year caught something after a bunch of us chowed on
some macaroni salad (that was well refregirated..).

Having said all this, hope Yogi is better by the time
my care package reaches her in Sierra City. :-)

=====