[pct-l] Sec F conditions (partial)

Some info from my recent visit to sunny Section F. From 6/13 at 5pm to 6/15
around noon I went from Walker Pass to Kelso Valley Road.

Trail conditions:
Generally pretty good. (I'm, of course, ignoring the whoop-de-doos and deep
sand between Bird Spring Pass and Kelso Valley Rd., since this is pretty
much what that trail is always like.) Some minor tread work would be useful,
especially around Pinyon Mtn., where the trail seems to be sliding toward
Willow Spring. Other than that, the burned area in the Scodies could use
some brushing and blowdown removal.

Water:
Walker Pass: ON
McIver's: Flowing well, but perhaps not as strongly as in earlier reports.
Bird Spring cache: plentiful
Kelso Valley cache: plentiful
springs and stream N on Kelso Valley Rd.: plentiful

White's Motel in Mojave are really great people. I got into town after the
PO had closed, and my wallet was in the box I had mailed ahead from Lake
Isabella. I told them my predicament, and without hesitation, they let me
stay for the night, trusting that I would go to the PO and pay them the next
morning. Not only that, but one of the Whites- I'm not sure which one- said
it would probably be possible to get me to Kelso Valley Rd. when I wanted to
finish the rest of this section. It's nice to know there are such good
people out there.

Pounder
Ashland