[pct-l] Start Times & Mileage

In an age where lightweight techniques are becoming
the norm, folks are doing bigger miles with less
effort.

Doing 20 miles a day in SoCal for the average hiker
(such as myself) is incredibly easy. With the
motivation of a 'shiny, brand-new hike' in progress you'll probably do more.

In '02 I really wanted to go to the kick-off party, but
felt it was just too early. Even with a 5/1 start I
made to KM on 6/3. Upon reading the register, 30+
hikers had already been through. In a normal snow year
this may not have been desirable.

Scott Parks

---
Art       : http://stillroaming.tripod.com/art