[pct-l] Re: section hike of Section F

There is slightly less elevation gain N>S,  from N>S you gain 16177 ft and
loose 17664ft , and seeing as you will be hiking up on the north side of the
steep parts I'd say N>S is a better choice, but I'm sure others will
disagree.

Water: There are aduquate water sources in section F, N>S Walker Pass
Campground (0.6 miles), McIvers Spring (7.3 miles), Yellow Jacket Spring
(6.5 miles), Trail Angel water at Bird Spring Pass (6.0 miles), Willow
Spring (9.2 miles), Landers Creek (8.5 miles), Robin Bird Spring (6.0
miles), and Golden Oaks Spring (17 miles).

Kern County Regional Transit has a bus that will take you to Onyx then 17.7
miles to walker pass. There is another bus from Mojave to Ridgecrest via
SR-14 that I'm certian would let you out at SR-178 then 7.7 miles to walker
pass.

http://www.co.kern.ca.us/roads/kernregionaltransit.asp

Hope this helps!