[pct-l] Digital Camera Batt's

At 02:42 PM 5/30/03, DAVCATDAV@aol.com wrote:
>Which would lead me to believe that for digital cameras under 6 meg the
>picture quality is necessarily inferior to that of a disposable camera.

I has to do with pixel density for printing without being able to see those
little squares.

You can do the math and see what you need.

Just take the image size you want, say 5x7 then multiply it by 90,000 (for
300dpi x 300dpi, the typical setting for image printing) and then divide by
a million (for the mega part - this is not exactly correct because a "Meg"
is not exactly a millions because of the binary "thing.")

So 5x7 requires about a 3Mpx camera. An 8x10 requires a 7Mpx camera.

There are other issues like optics and the quality of the CCD (the digital
"film")