[pct-l] Digital Camera on Thruhike?

I'm planning a PCT thruhike for next year.  Does anyone have any advice
or experience with using a digital camera on the PCT?

For what it's worth, here's my experience using a digital camera on an
AT thruhike last year:  I used a Canon Powershot S40 (4 Mpixel) with
several 128 Mb flash media cards.  I purchased an extra battery and
started out with 2 fully charged batteries (7.4V, 570mA).  When I
reached a town and felt the need, I charged up the batteries at a
restaurant/library/hostel/wherever.  I started with the charger in my
bounce box, but ended up just carrying it with me since it weighed only
about 3 ounces (I'd sent so much other stuff home I could afford the
extra weight).  I ended up recharging maybe once a week and battery life
was only an issue once or twice when I reviewed my shots too often,
especially when I took short videos.  Overall I was extremely pleased
with this arrangement and the picture quality.  You can check out very
much reduced quality pics at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chrishikes2002/

Will this approach work on the PCT?  If not, what worked for you?

Chris