[pct-l] Seiad Valley on the Travel Channel

One of my room-mates was watching the travel channel
when my ears picked up the magic words of "Ben and
Jerry's". Number five on the "top pig outs" in the USA
was the Vermonster..and obscene amount of ice cream in
one sitting.

But guess what #3 was? That's right the Pancake
Challenge in Seiad Valley.  There was Rick talking
about his pancakes and a nice view of the store where
many of us parked out butts while chowing down on an
obcense amount of food. (Even his omelletes were a lot
for my thru-hiker appetite!) The blurb mentioned the
PCT "and the hearty travelers who walk this 2650 mile
trail".  It was also quite funny to see some of the
local attempt the challenge. Having seen a thru-hiker
attempt it last summer, the sight looked all too
familiar! A bit green around the gills and the look of
"NO MORE".

The spot even had a few pics of thru-hikers attempting
the challenge. Including the one in the recent PCTA
Communicator with a person face down in a pile of
pancakes. Nice little trip down memory land. IF you
happen to catch this show, it may bring back some good
(or bad! :D) memories for you.

Mags

=====