[pct-l] Descriptive journals

I have read a lot of trail journals, and I was telling
Linda that I agree that there aren't many out there
that are very descriptive of the trail.  Most people
talk about social activities and towns, which is fine
and entertaining in its own right.  When I thru-hiked
the AT, my goal was to keep an objective, very
descriptive journal of the hike as I experienced it.
I got a few vicarious hikers interested in it, but it
turned out that it was difficult to maintain and I
think my family found it too dry.  They wanted to know
what I was doing, not seeing.  I added more subjective
material eventually.

Still, I did keep it very descriptive of the land and
animals I saw, and I continued this style with my PCT
journal.  The PCT journal seemed to morph into "all
about me" much sooner than the AT one, and I didn't
get to finish my hike....but if you are interested in
objective journals, they are at
www.trailjournals.com/nocona.

Some other journals that are more descriptive are
Troubadour's (www.pcthiker.com) and Sweeper's (he
hasn't hiked the PCT), and I seem to remember Brian
and Roy's being quite descriptive of trail conditions
(http://www.accesscom.com/~kkbunya/pct/).

Nocona