[pct-l] Pink Motel, and a tip for other thruhikers

Hello,
 My name is Peter Modny, and I was just recently at the Pink Motel after
hiking the first two sections of the pct from April 17 to May1st. It is
located approx. one mile north of the sevice road by interstate 10 and
fortunatly for all visitors is right beside the PCT trail tread itself. You
will approach what seems like a scrap yard as you are walking the levvee
along  the pct just north of interstae 10. Shortly past two posts which
support barbed wire fencing and make the appearence of being a gateway
opening, you will walk up and beside a pct registar at the driveway to the
scrap yard (collection yard as Don puts it) Signs located at the driveway
entrance will announce a hikers welcome.You will walk up the driveway into
this yard where you will see a building(s) Walk right on in. Part of the
building is coated with pink stucco, hence the name Pink Hotel. This
comfortable abode has been made possible by the generosity of Don and Helen
Middleton, who by the way live nearby. Everything within the walls are for
hikers. There is a gas stove on which to cook on,food in the pantry for
which to dine,and a RV style fridge/freezer(which I may add was just
repaired a a great personnal expense to the hosts),check for cold drinks and
refridgerated food items. I might add that there is also a jar on the
kitchen table which reads "Accepted but not Expected" Consider the fact that
the Middletons perform this gracious act by themselves and any donations
generated from this jar. Sleeping area is right next door seperate from the
kitchen area.The Pink Hotel makes for a very restful stopover.
Also concerning Warner Springs Ranch, I met a couple of trail groomers at
Barrel Springs who informed me that The Ranch has a special hikers rate.
>From Monday to Thursday the regular rate is $120.00 the hikers rate that I
paid was only $47.00  a substantial savings, the weekend rates are higher as
you stated. Their isn't any great resupply availability here either although
you may try to coerce the ranch chef into selling you some fresh food as we
did on our hike.
Have a great hike

Peter