[pct-l] How to get on the trail?

Hi,

I am Stan van den Hark from the Netherlands. Me and my girlfriend visited C=
alifornia two years ago and really got in love with its magnificent nature.=
 We walked through Yosemite for several days, hiked in Lassen NP.. what mor=
e need I say!
This year we have planned to hike several hundred miles on the PCT. A frien=
d of us, also Dutch but living in the States, is going for the full thru-hi=
ke and we are going to support her from somewhere around Bishop-Pass to Bur=
ney Falls.
One of our problems us how to get on the trail to meet up with her. Is ther=
e someone who can give us some directions on where to find good means of pu=
blic transport from Silicon Valley (pref. San Jose) to Bishop (highway 395)=
 or surroundings. We plan to go there around June 22th/23th
I have seen something about a bus service called 'The Crest' but I am not s=
ure whether we can use it and how to get on it from Silicon Valley. Any sug=
gestions are welcome!
And.. Maybe there is someone who is heading for that area in the same perio=
d who is willing to give us a ride...

Looking forward to your reactions!
Regards,

Stan van den Hark