[pct-l] How to get on the trail?

My girfriend is Dutch/Norwegian and we plan to arrive in Netherlands for an
extended visit this June and then spend the rest of the summer in France
and Suisse.

Can you recomend hikes in the Netherlands Areas of wilderness to see.
Things especially to not miss?

Thank you,

Richard and Bonnie

At 03:20 PM 4/22/03 +0200, Stan van den Hark (ETM) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am Stan van den Hark from the Netherlands. Me and my girlfriend visited
California two years ago and really got in love with its magnificent nature.
We walked through Yosemite for several days, hiked in Lassen NP.. what more
need I say!
>This year we have planned to hike several hundred miles on the PCT. A
friend of us, also Dutch but living in the States, is going for the full
thru-hike and we are going to support her from somewhere around Bishop-Pass
to Burney Falls.
>One of our problems us how to get on the trail to meet up with her. Is
there someone who can give us some directions on where to find good means of
public transport from Silicon Valley (pref. San Jose) to Bishop (highway
395) or surroundings. We plan to go there around June 22th/23th
>I have seen something about a bus service called 'The Crest' but I am not
sure whether we can use it and how to get on it from Silicon Valley. Any
suggestions are welcome!
>And.. Maybe there is someone who is heading for that area in the same
period who is willing to give us a ride...