[pct-l] MSR white gas stoves

> Anyone have any first-hand experience with any of MSR's
> white-gas camp stoves?

Original MSR, Whisperlite, and Dragonfly; that's after I graduated from
Svea 123!

> Have you found that any of these are easier to prime/start
> than the others? Do any of them simmer better/easier than the others?

Whisperlite and Dragonfly are both fairly easy to start. Both simmer
reasonably well. But a couple of years ago I switched to a canister
stove. It's much easier to light than any white gas (or alcohol) stove
ever will be (no priming necessary), and it also simmers much better
than most, including the Whisperlite and Dragonfly.

> How long have you found the 22oz or 33oz fuel bottles last?
> Can I make a 5 day section on one bottle, or should I take a 2nd?

You should make 5 days easily on 22 oz. We used to use about 2 liters
per week for four of us--and we did a lot of cooking (pancakes,
multicourse dinners, soups and stews that simmer for 20-45 minutes,
etc.).

Carl
1977 Kelty Kid