[pct-l] Lone Pine - worth a stop?

First, I want to thank everyone for their input on previous questions. You
all are great to give your time and expertise in responding to so many
questions that are asked in this forum by so many people.

Now for my next question. I have read here recently about Bishop and
Independence as nice towns to resuply in but what about Lone Pine? And what
is the best route to exit to reach Lone Pine? I've taken the route out to
Bishop and really do not desire doing that again. I had planned on Lone Pine
but have not heard much mentioned about this option. Is there some things I
should know about? I do intend to climb Mt Whitney so I though Lone Pine was
a good spot to resupply. Any thoughts?
Thank you,
Numbrrs