[pct-l] Re: equipment questions

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Here is my take on the In-line filter.  First off, I hiked the AT with the Pur
Hiker but also wanted to lighten the load for the PCT so I bought an in-line
filter for the PCT.  I also decided to try the chemical route with Aqua Mira
which presented an even lighter option.  I alteranted between the in-line and
the chemicals early on.  The one big downside I had to the in-line is that you
cannot get the big chug of water you may be looking for because you need to
suck the water thru the filter.  I found this frustrating on the long uphill
climbs in the Sierra Nevadas and subsequntly abandoned it for the chemical
route.

Jack Coughlin   PCT 2001

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES.[1] Get 2 months FREE*.