[pct-l] safewater filters

I have used a safewater filter for 2 years now( I think I went through
about 5 of them).  I have never gotten near the mileage they specify.  They
start to slow down miserably in about a week of daily use and are
completely useless in 2 weeks. Consequently I went out of my way to carry
water from reliable sources that did not need filtering.

I use their inline filter and just put it on a platypus and hang the whole
thing over my water bottle or pot, and let gravity do its work.  Use iodine
in a pinch during the day.

Somebody left one on the trail just South of Anza and I know why.I love the
concept and how thye work at first, and hate the shutdown after so few
days.

Joanne