[pct-l] RE: PCT-L digest, Vol 1 #796 - 17 msgs

I have the Snow Peak Giga with push button ignition, being able to light the
stove w/o having to light a match or lighter is worth its weight in gold!
The Pocket Rocket doesn't offer this feature yet.  I know the price is
higher for the Snow Peak, but for the ignition feature alone I'm willing to
pay the extra.  Currently I'm planning on using a mini Pepsi can style
stove, If you really are interested in saving weight and still use a liquid
fuel stove you really need to look into this option.  The stove, simmer
ring, wind screen, full 9 oz fuel bottle only weighs 289gm or 10.1 oz (with
fuel!).  If you are interested in looking at my setup you can find it on my
journal web page http://www.trailjournals.com/jared747 and look under the
photos link/drop down menu for my stove kit pictures.

Jared

>Message: 9
>Date:	Sat, 22 Feb 2003 19:41:44 -0500
>From:	Nathan Goldfarb <natgold@ufl.edu>
>To:	pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
>Subject:	[pct-l] stoves?

>Hi All-
>I have a Campingaz Twister 270 HPZ (8 oz) stove but have never used it
backpacking...always used a MSR >whisperlite.
>I'm going to use a canister stove for the JMT, but am thinking of
>cutting weight by getting the MSR Pocket Rocket (3oz).

>Does anyone know about the reliability of either the Campingaz Twister 270
HPZ or the MSR Pocket Rocket?