[pct-l] Re: 2003 Snow Levels

In a message dated 2/4/03 2:42:41 PM, stillroaming@lycos.com writes:

<<  It would be
completely irresponsible to 'guess', especially in a public
forum. >>

Huh? I like guessing lots of things. The weatherman gets it wrong al the time
and yet he keeps "guessing" what the weather will be this weekend. Ditto for
long range forecasts. Is it completely irresponsible for him to do so in a
public forum since farmers, fishermen, hikers, etc., are COUNTING on him to
be right? Are we gonna sue when he gets it wrong? Not only that, but they
actually get paid no matter HOW many times they screw it up. If somebody
doesn't realize that snowpack meltout is a guess, then too bad. The resources
are certainly there for them to determine the actual snowpack on their own.
If they are incapable of doing so, their hike is most likely going to fail
anyway
  I think it is more irresponsible for someone to recommend footwear for
somebody to wear when they haven't a clue as to the size or width of
someone's feet. Using your logic, If someone recommends NB 80 whatever to
someone and they get bad blisters, maybe that person should sue them for
ruining their hike, hm? After all they "predicted" what footwear would work.