[pct-l] My accomplishments

I went up Mount Rainier til Camp Muir with my partner. He was really
dumbfounded when I said "Let's go". I really dislike walking on snow
and am sometimes scared on big mountains. So he really was glad. I
wanted him to go and was sure he would not do so without me. We went up
and I was amazed at how easy it was. A lot of sweat and heavy
breathing, but nothing difficult. We had a wonderful sunset looking at
Mount St Helens and row after row of mountains. In the morning we went
to relieve ourselves and had one of these special moments looking at
the sun coming up and the white world around us. Going down, we used
the easiest way: we went a long way on our bums. Wow, were my cheeks
black and blue! I still have a picture of our tent at Mount Rainier
just beside my front door. Every time I go out I think about the beauty
in this world and that I can do more than I think I can...

Saskia

On donderdag, jan 9, 2003, at 19:54 Europe/Amsterdam, Marge Prothman
wrote:

> Hey, and I NEARLY got to the top of Mt. Rainer once.
>
> Does that make me a mountaineer, heck no, I was just doing
> what I was told to do, by my kids, on my 65th birthday.  Did not like
> the
> experience at
> all, it was just a long slug in the snow. I would rather have gone up
> the
> Space
> Needle and had dinner.(it's a high building). <:)
>
> Marge (the old gal)

drs Saskia Daru
< Project DIVA >
	projectimplementatie en -advies