[pct-l] Adventure books

Yes yes yes! I'd love to have some good tips on travel and hiking books.

I liked Fresh Air Fiend by Paul Theroux. He's more of a kayaker, but a
lovely read. Short stories about his writing career as well as his
travels.

And Nicholas Crane "Clear Waters Rising" about a trip from the tip of
Spain to Istanbul over the crest of the European mountain ranges. He
takes over a year and is in the Alps in winter... Very understated sort
of a hiker, carrying cotton clothing and an umbrella... Especially
interesting for his observations of hiking in Romania and Ukraine.

Saskia

On donderdag, jan 9, 2003, at 19:38 Europe/Amsterdam, Marcia Powers
wrote:

> --
> This is the time of year that I like reading about other adventures.
> Outside Magazine published a list of 25 best adventure books in the
> Jan 2003 issue. I checked out Tracks by Robyn Davidson from the
> library and bought The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz ("is this book
> fact or fiction?"). Touching the Void by Joe Simpson is a book that I
> read at least annually and then replay in my mind as I hike. I think
> we all have read A Walk in the Woods which is also on the list.
>
> Anyway, I thought some of you out there might enjoy the list or
> provide other good titles for winter evening reading.
>
> Marcia
> GottaWalk

drs Saskia Daru
< Project DIVA >