[pct-l] pct epiphany

On request for something positive:

In 1997 we first visited Washington. On this holiday I experienced
profound moments of happiness while hiking. I remember one occasion
very well, I even asked Jan to make a picture to record it. We were on
our last hike of the trip. We had been walking slowly up to a cirque
during several days. We had camped at a beautiful sheltered spot the
night before, where we had visits from marmots and deer. From the
cirque we followed a trail towards a pass in the rockwall. The slope
was covered in flowers. The weather was not great, it was foggy and a
little damp. We climbed steeply for about an hour. Catching my breath I
looked back. The whole valley spread before me. Happiness flooded my
system. Beauty all around me and I felt strong, so strong. I resolved
to feel this way again soon and started to make plans to hike the PCT.

Saskia
---
Hike your own hike

Saskia Daru