[pct-l] Dowse the Flames. Hike and Share your stories.

I just saw on the TV a story about a guy who wants to jog from Lisbon
(Portugal) to St Petersburg (Russia). He was saying that he will
consistently do days of about 40 miles. The interviewer asked him what
the maximum distance would be and he said that 'the human body cannot
do more than 100km' (65 miles approx.) I don't know why he said that,
is there any evidence that there is a true maximum the human body can
bear?

Not for my own hike, I hike up to about 15 miles comfortably, not much
more. Still I enjoy my hike so much more going ultralight, by the way,
it is not just about making more miles. It is also about looking up and
around without a pack in your neck, about balancing on a log during
creek crossings, about enjoying being out instead of shutting
everything outside of your tent at night... And I really like trying
out something different.

Saskia

drs Saskia Daru
< Project DIVA >