[pct-l] Dowse the Flames. Hike and Share your stories.

If your body can do with 4 hrs sleep one night (it is the
NIGHT PREVIOUS that counts!- not the night before THE DAY
becasue your body can stretch 24 more hrs after a great
sleep) and if you are packed lite enuf and dont mind
some jogging you could easily do a 60+ mile day!
I did that in military training but we worked up to
it with a 2 months of 2x and 3x weekly 10, 15 and
25 mile runs. And as you, 25 mile days became
routine.

I think the limit is physics: friction wear and
tear in the body's joints and also the foot-shoe
interrace is gonna get hot. But U-M's do 100
mile runs in under 24 hours "routinely".
but certainly not more than one during any
given month. So perhaps one 60 mile day followed
by a couple 15-20 to recover?

Rich