[pct-l] stream crossings after the high sierra

My method of stream crossing is to take my boots off, take my socks off, put
boots back on and wade across. They absorb very little water in the time they
are in the stream . Dry off feet,  empty out the water from the boots, put
socks back on and away you go. All in less than 5 minutes. Of course there's
not much reason to take off your shoes if they are already wet
  The mother of all stream "crossings" for me was the Paria River in Utah.
Probably about fifty of them before the Paria itself becomes the trail and
you wade up stream for three miles up to your waist before you get "across"