[pct-l] Re: Pure Silk

Silk, its all about Silk

Seriously, you can find 100% silk button down shirts
at any second hand store. However, they will break
down after weeks of hiking. If you get a couple, and
throw them in your bounce box, or at least the box
that goes to Kennedy Meadows that would keep you
supplied. I had a favorite black one, button down,
that lasted over 1,000 miles. Loved it. Only cost me a
buck.
 Had some silk leggings, now those were so perfect. I
sewed up every last run in them. Made them last to the
Canada.

 I also had a pullover long sleeve silk shirt, from
Sierra Trading Post, wonderful, only 15 bucks. Wore it
on the PCT (1800 miles) then in 2002 on the AT, up to
Waynesboro(800 miles)...there, sadly, It had to be
retired. Bought another silk button down shirt, and
off I went.
You know, when you love a piece of gear, no matter how
old and worn it gets, you just keep it with you, cause
it never gives up !

Where's that catalogue,,,just talked myself into a new
set!

a lighter New Year

Brawny

=====