[pct-l] Planning ahead

In a message dated 12/2/02 10:13:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, dave@dalbey.org
writes:

<< I've been following the PCT list since about last years ADZPCTKO.  I wish I
 could say I will be starting in '03 but unless something unforeseen happens,
 (like getting laid off), I will be thru-hiking in 2004 in celebration of my
 40th birthday.  I have pretty much been a weekend hiker & want to get some
 longer hikes under my belt.

How do you guys plan for something as far away as 2004? Me, I can't envision
anything more than about 6 months out. Anything farther than that devolves to
"maybe some day" Makes it hard when you need to get a permit months in
advance for places like the Grand Canyon and JMT